Sunday, May 10, 2015

SG Escapades - St. John's Island

First stop on my island hopping day trip was St. John's Island. This island was bigger than what I had expected. There were so many areas to explore! You could simply enjoy the waters near the jetty, roam back further into the island, or take a walk to Lazarus Island. We saw people lugging bags of things to the island in the ferry all ready to spend a day there. It was then that I stated to wander if my small backpack had enough "supplies". But back to the island. 




St. John Island was like taking a step back into the past. Life there was simple, slow and easy going. As I explored the island, I saw children entertaining themselves without the use of electronic gadgets. Families sitting around a table having a picnic and laughing with one another. A slow, yet intense game of checkers going on between two elderly folks. Happy shrieks of laughter filling the air. 

One could just simply stroll around the island, taking in the sights. I even saw wild chickens and countless cats. I lost count after 12 cats. 




Spent about 2 over hours exploring the Island and people watching before heading over to Kusu Island. I just love how you can see the cityscape of Singapore. 






No comments:

Post a Comment