Sunday, October 16, 2016

Travelogue - Munich

Munich has been on my travel list for the longest time and I finally made it to the lovely city in October 2015. This was a trip years in the making. 

There was so much to see and do both in Munich itself and the other cities/towns that surrounded it. We spent 5 days in Munich and I still feel like I haven't done all that there is to do. 




We missed Oktoberfest by a slight fraction but still got to see the aftermaths of it. Spent time roaming around the main square and Virtulien Market - which is one of my favourite places. All the glorious food. It was freezing cold when we were there and hot soup made my day. 

Another place in the city that I enjoyed was Englischer Gardens. The grounds are HUGE... and so lovely to walk through. Everything was made even lovelier by the wide array of autumn colours. 





Definitely could not miss the Allianz Arena. Too bad we weren't able to catch Bayern in action. Had to settle for a stadium tour instead. 





Of course we popped by the famous Hofbrauhaus for beer and dinner. The atmosphere here is insane. The food fabulous. The beer cheap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment