Monday, May 30, 2016

Travelogue - Ireland, Cliffs of Moher

Have barely touched my Europe trip for last year and I'm already done with my second trip. Just last week, I found myself in the gorgeous country of Ireland for the last few days. Took a day trip out to the cliffs of moher and was super blessed with good weather. Aka the mo(t)her of all cliffs. Lol 



According to the tour guide, it's super rare to see such clear skies and even the land beyond the Atlantic Ocean. The weather was perfect for the whole time we were outdoors.

I signed up for a day tour with Wild Rovers partly because they had one of the later starting times and were recommended by the cliffs of moher website. Spent a grand total of more than  12 hours on the road that day. But the view and experience was definitely worth it. 

One of our rest stops. Named after Barrack Obama because he has ancestors who were from this town. 

Up next were the cliffs. Words cannot describe them.

Look at the sky! Super blessed. 

After the cliffs, we headed to national park called the burren. This area is filled with rocks formed by volcanic erruptions and have apparently been untouched since the ice age or something like that. 

I cannot get over how breath taking everything was. Ireland brings the term barren landscape to a whole new level. 

After that our last stop of the day was Galwah City. There we could either join a walking tour or explore the city on our own. Chose to explore it on our own and ended up shopping. The city has so many small shops that pique your interest! 
Unfortunately I don't have many photos of Galway because.. Too busy shopping. 

That's all for my day trip out of Dublin! More soon on other cities/places I visited.

No comments:

Post a Comment