Saturday, January 21, 2017

Travelogue - Rothenburg Ob Der Tauber

Fairy Tale Town was the first thought that flashed through my head when I chanced upon photos of Rothenburg. "I have to figure out how to get there" was the next though that followed. Turned out getting there from Nuremberg was a piece of cake. Hence, another day trip ensued.




First steps into Rothenburg! 


Don't let the empty streets deceive you. The town was packed with tourists. The main square was so crowded that we decided to roam along the city walls. Taking the road less travelled lead to some interesting sights! 



I can't stand how pretty the houses and the shops there are! Only drawback is that with the number of tourist, there's a certain lack of privacy. I kept accidentally looking into the homes of others.



Autumn - One of my favorite seasons. The myriad of colours makes every shot so pretty.


With Halloween being a few weeks away, there were plenty of shops all decked out with Halloween trinkets.



The entire town is walkable on foot. We spent the rest of the day roaming and browsing through the odd shops.



To end off, we decided to celebrate Christmas early by going into a Christmas Museum. Everything inside was gorgeous. That might have explained my ornament buying spree once I got back to Nuremberg. 



As a tourist spot, Rothenburg Ob Der Tauber is worth a visit. It makes for a good day trip and lovely photos if you have a day to spare. But I think one visit is enough for now. 

1 comment: