Sunday, January 15, 2017

Travelogue - Zugspitz; Top of Germany

Conquered the highest peak in Germany in October 2015. I didn't exactly climb to the top of it... rather, I got there by cable car. Froze my butt off that day but the view more than made up for it. 

Located a few hours away from Munich, Zugspitz was an easy day trip. It was -1 degrees the day we went and there were scatters of snow, which I feel added to the magic of the mountain. 


Super thankful that we had clear skies and could see out into the distance. I was way impressed by those who were sitting outside, enjoying the view and coffee. My hands were freezing and I couldn't take photos properly. But it might have also been us not being prepared for the cold. I was bundled up with 4 layers that day! 


 Look at all those peaks! 

Freezing my butt off, but still have to take a photo. 




There was even a chapel up in the mountain. 

Ski area for when the real snow appears. 

Don't think anyone could get sick of this view. It's so magical.

Would love to be back here in Winter or Spring to see how the views change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment