Saturday, January 18, 2014

Travelogue - Granada, Spain

To be honest, prior to my trip to Granada, I had never even heard of this city. To date, its one of the cities in Spain that I look back upon with fond memories. Now, while I was on exchange, I was some sort of a lazy traveller - at the beginning at least. Planning is one important skill that I learnt on exchange - it's so important to always be prepared for a new city. But I digress. 
Although the city is small, it is beyond charming. I especially loved the alley ways where you could stroll down and look at stores displaying their wares - this resulted in a myriad of vibrant colours everywhere I looked. 




I also love the food. I went mad in Spain, I was on a perpetual Paella diet. 

And I was SO tempted to buy all the spices back. If I immediately flying back home to SG after visiting Spain, I would have a luggage full of various spices. Look at the wide spread! I'm sure that's why the food in Spain is so damn fantastic. 


Granada is home to Al Hambra - both a palace and fortress. And I must say that the place is huge! You can literally spend the whole day roaming around the grounds from room to room, and soaking in the beauty of the sprawling gardens.

If you are planning a trip there, do book tickets in advance. We didn't and had to go early to queue up for the ticket. They only let in a certain number of people each day, and we were very lucky to grab one of the last few tickets for that day. I must admit that Lady Luck continuously smiled down upon me while I was in Europe.

It took me a very long time to get this shot below. I felt very accomplished after that. :D



Last but not least, you are presented with the most breathtaking view of the city.
(yes, I know, the weather was all gloomy)

Paella dreaming (or rather, drooling). 
Adios 

No comments:

Post a Comment