Friday, February 7, 2014

Travelogue - Nou Camp, Barcelona

Now, if you are an avid football fan, no visit to Spain is complete without visiting Nou Camp. The largest football stadium in Europe. Imagine playing before a home crowd. If you are the opposing team, I'd say that it provides a pretty daunting experience. The stadium is well over 60 years old and Barcelona being Barca, has well, a rich history. 



Prior to visiting Nou Camp, I visited Real Madrid's stomping ground. While Nou Camp has its own charm, I preferred Real Madrid's stadium. Reasons being that the stadium tour was well organised, and I found Barca's arrange of this history to be a little showy. 

Nonetheless, it was an interesting experience to sit in the stands, and imagine a live match being played. The deafening cheer of the crowd, watching Messi work his magic. Look at how massive the stadium is. It's pretty overwhelming. 



The stadium could do with a little upgrading, but it's a great place to be in. I wish I had a chance to watch a match there - even better if said match is an El Classico. Imagine the passion pouring forth from the home crowd. 

While we were visiting the stadium, we got to see the youths training / having a match. I couldn't really make out what they were doing. I prefer to believe that it was a match, and that I've seen a future star in the making play. Dreams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment