Friday, April 4, 2014

Edinburgh; Scottish Charm

It dawned upon me that I've yet to write about Edinburgh. 
A city where every cobbled turn takes you to yet another precious sight. Edinburgh was a spur of the moment decision. I love everything that has to do with the UK. But Edinburgh, opened up a whole new dimension of awe and appreciation in me. 

Edinburgh is by far one of the most charming cities I've set foot in. The vibe, the history, the Scottish brogues and the friendly locals. Even the weather was beyond beautiful.  

The streets look as if they come from a movie set. The buildings holding centuries of stories and secrets. There's a laid back pace of life, especially on weekends. The murmur of both tourists and locals alike adding to the hustle and bustle of the city.


One of the must-see places if of course Edinburgh Castle. It gives one a deeper glimpse into the history of Scotland, and it's a little trip down history's lane. I wasn't expecting the place to be that big. But I was windswept by the different aspects that Edinburgh Castle had to offer. 
On yet another windy day, we took a stroll up Capitol Hill. My huffing and puffing was rewarded by a breathtaking view of the city, and Arthur's Seat (which I sadly didn't have time to explore - Ok, I was utterly spent from days of traveling by then and I opted to spend a lazy afternoon shopping instead). But no worries, I will be back to conquer it! 

Nonetheless, the weather was perfect for just sitting around and watching the clouds drift by, as if without a care in the world. 

To end off our trip to Edinburgh, we headed to Rosslyn Chapel which can be found on the outskirts of the city. If it looks or sounds familiar to you, that's because it was featured in the Da Vinci Code. 


No comments:

Post a Comment