Sunday, March 22, 2015

Travelogue - Bangkok

The last time I went to Bangkok, was 12 years ago. When I went to Bangkok in November 2014, I returned to a completely different city. In recent years, I'd been hearing about the tantalising food and fantastic shopping that the city had to offer. So I decided, why not head back to see how Bangkok has changed?

I didn't really do much site seeing this trip - another excuse in my opinion to head back. All we did was eat and shop and take morning swims in our lovely hotel pool. It was a short and lovely getaway from everything.


Photo spam because really, all I did was shop and eat. 

We chose to stay further away from the city centre because we wanted some peace and quiet. (Also, we were severely tempted by the gorgeous pool Pullman hotel had to offer.) 

After You Cafe!! Love how they did up the store front. The first bite of toast was like a bite of heaven. 

 I also found out that BKK takes their Christmas decorations very seriously. The shopping malls were all decked out, as were the hotels. Pity we missed the Christmas light up by a day! 

 Famous Wanton Mee stall! It was so good we ate two bowls of noodles each and shared a plate of rice. After that we had lunch at 4pm. Oops. 

 Random road side eatery we found near our hotel - our salvation after all the shopping we did. We constantly had dinner late because we kept snacking while shopping or eating a late lunch. The food here is fantastic! Think we had about 3 meals at this place - it you are wondering, it's opposite from the shopping mall at Phaya Thai. 
 Famous Pad Thai at Thipsamai. Was so good I had seconds and then had to walk off my dinner. 



No comments:

Post a Comment