Friday, September 6, 2013

Travelogue - Taiwan, Day 8 (Sun Moon Lake)

One of the highlights of my Taiwan trip was our visit to Sun Moon Lake. I had done some research, and been wowed by the lovely pictures online. As a scenery lover, I could not wait to soak in the beauty of this lake. To my dismay, it was raining the day we went to Sun Moon Lake. The lake was shrouded in fog, and the weather, wet and cold.



Refusing to be defeated by the weather, we donned on rain gear, and set about exploring the lake via ferry. The ferry has a total of 3 stops so we set off on our triangular route. 

I don't have many photos because of the gloomy weather. As I viewed the lake from various locations, I could only imagine how the lake would look like shrouded in sunshine, with me exploring the area on bicycle. Alas, that dream was not to be. 




The bright side of the rainy day, was this tea egg stall. The piping hot egg was a welcomed warmth to by chilly soul. 

Maybe I'll be back to visit Sun Moon Lake, till then, my memories shall be of a cold summer's day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment