Saturday, November 16, 2013

Travelogue - Paris, France

Oh, Paris. The City of Lights and City of Love. Also fondly remembered by me as, the city with lots of rain. I visited Paris in July last year, and was not prepared for the amount of rain I got when I was there. It rained almost every afternoon. But even the rain, was not enough to make Paris lose its allure. 



I will definitely be back to Paris (and France) one day. There's still so many cafes I want to try. I want to sit at the road side, and just watch life pass me by. Museums I want to scour. Historical places I want to stand in. And neighbouring towns or cities I want to visit. The majestic castles, the underground tombs, the gorgeous beaches, and my favourite thing - the croissants. 

If you're into shopping, there's lots to buy and see. But I'm pretty sure everyone knows about that. 

A trip to Paris is nothing without taking in all its famous landmarks from the Eiffel Tower to the Arc de Triumph, to the Lourve to Palace of Versailles. 


I took a walking tour around Paris, and learnt so much in one day. Kudos to our tour guide who was beyond excellent. Enjoyed his tour so much that we went for another tour of his the next day. 

Till this day, I can't believe I climbed up to the second storey of the Eiffel Tower, in the middle of a rainy night. I was huffing and puffing by the time I got up, but way proud of myself. I was a little disappointed by the sight that befell me though, because of the rain. But that just means that I will have more to look forward to the next time I go back. :) 

The Palace of Versailles was lovely. Get lost on the grounds, and wander through the long hallways. Imagine what life would have been like living there in the past. Forgot the present, soak in the atmosphere. Live a little. 

And of course, what's a visit to France without taking a photo with some gorgeous French guys. 
Hello, A&F. 
My friends were very amused by my wide smile. I look so tiny next to them. 

Au Revoir Paris.
Je t'amine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment