Saturday, May 18, 2013

Travelogue - Disneyland, Paris

Ah, Disneyland. The place where magic happens and dreams come true. I grew up watching Disney, and I still love Disney movies. One of my all time favourite movies is Lion King. 

I was tripping over with excitement about going to Disneyland, although I wasn't a kid anymore, let alone a teenage. But I firmly believe that everyone should have a Disney experience, and pretend to be a kid for a day again, regardless of how old you are. After all,  if you grew up in the 80s and 90s, you'd know all the Disney classics. 



Alas, my Disneyland experience was slightly marred by the gloomy weather, and a rather tight schedule. We bypassed the children rides and went straight for the thrill rides - which were oh-so-awesome. I didn't bother going for any shows because I am a ride person. 
But overall, I still had a great time at Disneyland. Going ga-ga over the soft toys and photo ops. Being like a kid in a candy store. I especially had a blast at the toy story ride, where you pretend to be buzz lightyear and shoot stuff. 
Unfortunately, due to the gloomy weather, which later turned to a storm, we had to leave the park around 6pm, and miss out on the fireworks. But I am so glad we decided to leave, because the moment we got onto the shuttle bus back to our hotel, the skies opened up. 

Oh yes, we happened to bump into the French National Football Women's team while there. 

I think the next time I go back to Disneyland, would be when I have children. Also, I'd bring them there before they become full fledge teenagers. I think it's more special when you are a kid, being innocent and all that, where magic is still 'real' to you. Part of what I discovered after my trip to Disneyland was that I'd grown up too much, become too cynical.

Yes, I had fun on the rides, and pretending to be a kid again, but the excitement of seeing Mickey and Minnie, just wasn't there anymore. I also realised that I prefer going to Universal Studios where there are more high thrill, adrenaline rushing rides. I'm glad that I got the Disney experience, although it came a little late. 

Maybe my next Disneyland Adventure, will be in Florida. 

No comments:

Post a Comment