Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Travelogue - Pisa, Italy

Pisa is most well-known for the leaning tower of Pisa. I traveled down to spend a total of 4 hours in Pisa from Venice, on my way to Rome. The main lull of Pisa was of course the Leaning Tower. 

We took a walk through the town down to the tower from the train station. It gave me an opportunity to take in the sights and the town itself. And to my amazement, I came across a lovely river, that was so picturesque that I had to stop in my tracks, heavy backpack and all, to snap a few photos. 


The Leaning Tower is located slight further down from the river, and as expected, swamped with tourists trying out various shots. There is the "eating the tower" shot, "kicking down the tower" shot and of course the "pushing down the tower" shot. 

The tower itself defies gravity. Spent more than one hour wandering the grounds and visiting the various works of art. While the weather was gloomy, the thrill of being in a foreign land, and exploring great sites with friends more than made up for it. 
After roaming around, and taking some obligatory tourist shots, we headed off to find us some food. And while in Italy, my stomach was forever craving for pasta. I swear the guys wondered how I could consume so much pasta. I'm a self proclaimed pasta lover. I'd choose pasta over pizza any day. So after a hearty lunch of pasta (what else?) at a local cafe, we headed off to explore the shopping street. Whilst small, the shopping street has many shops to offer, including local Italian brands. It was a good way to kill time before heading off to the train station to catch our next train out. 

And that, concluded my 4hours trip to the city of Pisa. 


No comments:

Post a Comment