Saturday, June 8, 2013

Travelogue - Universal Studios Singapore, Singapore

I figured it was time that I wrote about this little island city that I reside in - the sunny island of Singapore. Singapore officially gained independence in 1965 after the world war, and a merger with Malaysia. Since then, the country has steadily developed over the years, and is now (i would say) fairly well-known globally.

While many may gripe about the cost of living, and lack of things to do in Singapore, at the end of the day, it's home. Home is where the heart is. Whenever I am overseas, I feel heartened when I hear someone with a Singaporean accent.

Anyways, as you may know, in the past few years, Singapore has built two integrated resorts, with Sentosa playing home to a Universal Studios theme park (USS). I have been to USS several times, and I love this place - despite its pricey entrance fee.


Whenever I enter the park, it feels as though I have left the country for a day. I still fondly remember my first visit to USS - it was a surprise birthday treat by my friends, who blindfolded me all the way there.

USS like all other Universal Studio theme parks, have various themed zones. My favourite ride is the Transformers ride - side note: The Singapore park was chosen to debut the ride. I think I went on it 3 times in a row.

Also introducing my next favourite ride - battlestar galatica!
Of course there are other rides to visit such as the Castle of Far Far Away, Revenge of the Mummy, and Waterworld to name a few more. The park can definitely take up a day's worth of your time, especially if you plan on catching some of the shows. 

While food at the park might be slightly pricey (aren't they all at theme parks), there is a vast array of food outlets once you exit the park. Take your pick of Chinese, Korean, Western cuisine for dinner to fill up that hungry stomach after a day of exhilarating rides and adventure. 

I love this place. Its like an escape for me. Universal also does Halloween Horrors which is fantastic. I went for my first ever Halloween Horrors last year, and spent the night screaming my throat hoarse. So if you ever make it down to the sunny shores of Singapore, and enjoy theme parks or thrill rides or if you are just looking or a day to have fun with friends of family, you know where to head to! 

No comments:

Post a Comment