Saturday, June 15, 2013

Trip Planning

I love planning trips. There's something so magical and exhilarating about planning your next destination and hunting down cheap hotel and flight deals.

There was this period of time after my exchange where I went through a withdrawal period and just randomly surfed travel sites in an attempt to find a good deal - even though I was in school and could not simply jet off to somewhere.

Anyhow, when planning a trip, I usually do the following:
1. Stare long and hard at my calendar trying to maximise my trip
2. Search skyscanner for cheap flights. And also check out a few of my favourite airlines to see if they have any offers. (I usually fly budget for short haul flights though.)
3. After coming flight dates, its time for booking.com, hostelword, hostelbookers and agoda.com to source for cheap, but yet good accommodation. Accommodation is so important in my opinion.
4. Search tripadvisor for must see places. Lonelyplanet works too.
5. Random google search to see what others have blogged about.

I also usually download wiki travel into my kindle for on the go information. Tripadvisor also has city guides which are really really useful!

Finally, I pre download the map into my phone because you don't need wifi for GPS. Works like a charm every time.

And to end off, here is a random photo that I took at Gardens by the Bay awhile back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment